Sunday 30 June 2013

Fantasy Core Painting Comp.

The second theme for GW Southland's Painting Comp was as follows:

You had to paint a single core model from the Warhammer Fantasy range, however there were restrictions. It had to be a generic rank and file model, meaning no Banner, Champ or Musician allowed.

As a Tomb King collector I knew a skeleton was NEVER going to win so I decided to look through the fantasy range and choose something else, straight away the Savage Orcs grabbed me and after a bit of thought, I not only decided to paint one up for the comp but also start collecting them as an army.

Anyway here is my Savage Orc, which I'm happy to announce placed 1st.


So I won some Wood Elf book, but more importantly I won the right to decide the theme for July.

I decided the theme would be "Duels", so we have to depict a duel between two models. We can choose 40k, Fantasy or the Hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment